Wednesday 24 February 2010

Ubuntu Update manager - feature request

Ubuntu handles updates really well, no question. The user is prompted to update, but without annoying pop ups that disrupt a workflow (cf M$ windows reboot in 5 minutes - ARGHH!)
However, there's one thing I would like to see altered.
Once one has clicked "install", the top level dialog box prevents access to all the wonderful information about the updates being installed. Granted, one should check before accepting these.. but....
I would prefer if I could still read details about what is being installed... as it happens.

As a hobby coder, I realise this is extra work, but if the scrollArea and Description widgets were still acessible.. I would be delighted.


update - I've filed a bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/update-manager/+bug/526937

watch this space

No comments: