Tuesday 17 February 2009

Review - sansa clip ogg/mp3 player

With Linux cranks and the bad apples podcasts going to ogg only, I decided to invest in a new player.

The sansa clip seemed to fit the bill perfectly, for the following reasons.
  • mounts as a drive, easy drag and drop of files

  • plays ogg

  • built in fm radio

  • small

  • cheap

  • sexy



but it turns out that this is the best damn player I've ever owned... and here's why.
  • It can delete tracks. Very useful. I need to do this, otherwise I forget what I've listened to.

  • it can play tracks at an increased speed

That last feature sounds like a gimmick (or a discourtesy to the podcaster) however, I am enjoying it.
This morning, for example - it compressed lottalinuxlinks 106 down to MY commuting time, not Daves. Lynn didn't sound so sexy.. but kajarii did ;)

Battery Life could maybe be better... I have been spoilt by Sony players, having said that, battery life is perhaps the only thing to recommend Sony players.

2 comments:

Klaatu said...

the bad apples went ogg only?? what were they thinking?

well, seriously... yeah, this looks like a very cool player. thanks for the review.

alex xander said...

Music is the most essential thing in our lives. I love music. Regarding the music, I would like to introduce you to the new ringtones. Unique ringtone. Ringtones for the most recent 5 ring tones of 2018:

- Rather Be Marimba Remix ringtone
- Havana – Camila Cabello ringtone
- Nannaku Prematho ringtone
- Stranger Things ringtone
- I Miss You ringtone

Free ringtones for everyone to install, You can visit my homepage to find more ringtones: https://ringtonesmobile.net/